How to Choose the Right Air Conditioner
Feeling the heat? You’re not alone. As temperatures fluctuate, people all across the GTA are turning to heating and cooling systems to get some relief. If you’re shopping for a new furnace or air conditioner, or you’re not satisfied with the one you’ve got, keep reading for five tips on how to choose the right size for your needs and keep your Toronto home cool all summer long.
- Determine your needs: The type and size of the air conditioning unit you need mainly depends on the size of the space you’d like to cool. For example, a small family living in a split-level house will have different needs than someone living alone in an apartment or a student renting a room.
- Determine what’s possible: There are many different types of air conditioners including central air, portable units and window-mounted units, and each has its own strengths and weaknesses. For example, because central air works with forced air heating systems, you may not be able to install it in a condo with electric baseboard heating. In apartments and condos, window mounted units tend to work best.
- Come up with a budget: Determining your budget is the best way to narrow down your choices before making a purchase. As a homeowner your budget may need to be significantly higher than when renting because you’ll want to find a long-term solution you can depend on for years to come.
- Finding your ideal temperature: Most people think the air needs to be 22 degrees to be comfortable. But you may be surprised to find out that you’re comfortable at a slightly higher temperature, and by raising the thermostat a few degrees, you’ll enjoy significant cost savings.
- It's okay to turn it off: Turn your air conditioning unit off when you’re away from the house, and turn the temperature setting up at night when the air outside is naturally cooler. Not only will you give your unit a bit of a break, but you’ll also save money on energy costs at the same time.
If your air conditioning unit can’t keep up with the heat, come to AAA Technical Services today for fast, friendly and professional air conditioning service. We proudly provide heating and cooling services to customers all across Toronto and the surrounding areas. Contact us to learn more about our products and services or to schedule a visit from our team of heating and cooling experts in Toronto.